I have a background of 20 years in the IT industry. I have been as a senior engineer, project manager and a recently a product manager working with a portfolio of over 20 packages. I am a past member of ACM and also a qualiﬁed Pragmatic Marketing Product Manager.
My past work has included:
- Embedded computer design and software
- PC purchasing, maintenance, and administration
- Training course presentation
- Technical author, with several published books
- Helping to set up academic conferences
- Programming websites
- Photograph restoration
- MFC and .NET application development
- and as the editor of a monthly newsletter!
I have also enjoyed training clients on the data analysis tool QlikView. I really like QlikView – it’s very intuitive way of exploring very large datasets makes it ideal for situations where you don’t know in advance what you might need.
In my working life I have always striven for efﬁciency with a customer focus, believing that keeping customers is as important to a business as ﬁnding new ones. My personal website can be found at www.ivimey.org, and I’m also on LinkedIn
My full CV.